Thursday, April 09, 2009

Walk to Defeat ALS: Chicago Walk - Saturday, June 6th 2009

The prodigal son has returned from travels across the vast desert of silicon valley(not literally). Yes, I have been sailing the seas of the Internet, caught up in status updates, picture uploads, grade school classmates, and even in virtual contact with many of you fine folks on this rather archaic(haha!) e-mail list.
Sorry for dropping off and leaving you all hanging on the next adventures of Steve and Erin in Japan.
It's weird, what once was so foreign and new, can easily transform into your "normal" life. So goes our status these past many months still here in Japan. And, just as soon as all seems normal, we are ready to flip our lives upside down once again by returning back to our home sweet home!

Yeah, if you haven't heard, this is our last year in Japan.
We'll be returning to the good ole USA at the end of this summer!

What times we've had here in Japan! We sure will miss it, but in the same breath we are happy to come back to friends and family who we've missed so very much. And, let's not forget about Chicago pizza, hot dogs, Lake Michigan, cheap concerts, cheap movies, and the mass of the population speaking a language you can understand.

One thing that I am grateful to come home to is to see my family. I have been missing them so very much. I did have the great opportunity to travel to the Philippines this past January and meet my cousins, aunts, uncles, and extended family there, which was such an unbelievable experience!(you'll have to read the blog for that story)
But, I am most looking forward to seeing my mom back in Cal City.
While living here in Japan, my mother was diagnosed with ALS. It's been torture for me to know this and not be able to be there to help out. Though, my brothers and sisters and family friends have been utterly supportive and doing an amazing job taking care of my folks. My mother, as humble as she is, has the strength of a lion in her heart, and her unwavering devotion to prayer and spiritual guidance will get her through the challenges that come with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

To do my part in supporting my family and my mom, I've joined my sister's team for the Chicago Walk to Defeat ALS. Though, I cannot be there in June for the walk, I've registered as a virtual walker and am taking donations for this cause. Please check out my personal page here,
http://web.alsa.org/goto/Stephen_Munoz


I know times are tough back home, and money's tight. But if you can find it, any amount would be greatly and graciously appreciated, to show support for my mom, my family, and all those who have been affected by this disease. Please take the time to visit the page and read a little more about my mom and ALS. And, please spread the love and pass this link onto anyone and everyone.

You know, usually I ask and thank you all for your support you've given me throughout my musical career and personal endeavors, but this time I ask for your attention to support my mother, Soly Munoz, and her fight against ALS.

Thanks everyone! Sending you all the love from Japan!

Peace and love,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.